We believe the scripture’s teaching that when everything is reduced to its essential core, these three things remain: faith, hope, and love (agape) (1 Corinthians 13:13). We believe every decision must have its foundation in faith in the finished work of Christ, hope in the promises given to use through the cross, and the agape love of God, which is poured into the heart of the believer by the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:5).
When a ministry, the church, or its members lose focus on the foundation of faith, hope, and love, we are drifting outside of the leading and working of the Spirit.
Statements of Belief
Exchanged Life Discipleship can summarize its beliefs in the following statements:
- We believe God has revealed Himself as the Father, Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. Often called the Trinity, we believe in one God revealed in three persons. (1 John 5:7, Isaiah 44:6, Isaiah 48:16)
- We believe the Bible’s teaching that salvation is through Jesus Christ, and there is no other name by which we can be saved. (Acts 4:12)
- We believe in the finished work of the cross, and that the Christian has the promise that we have been given all things that pertain to life and godliness. (John 19:30, 2 Peter 1:3)
- We believe the Christian life is lived the same way we enter it: by grace through faith, everything is a gift of God and not by human works. (Ephesians 2:8-10, Galatians 3:1-3)
- We believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, died on the cross, and was raised from the dead through the power of the Spirit. (Matthew 1:23, 1 Corinthians 15:4, Romans 8:11)
- We believe that man was born with a sin nature inherited through Adam, but we are born into a new spirit with a new nature through Christ. (John 3:3, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Ezekiel 36:26-27).
- We believe in the reliability, accuracy, and authority of the scriptures. Jesus is the Word made flesh, and we discover Christ through studying the word. We also believe the scriptures are profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness. (John 1:1, John 1:14, Colossians 1:9, Colossians 3:10, 2 Timothy 3:16)
- We believe the Holy Spirit resides in the believer and He has given us a new spirit, born of God. (1 Corinthians 3:16, Ezekiel 36:26-27)
- We believe the church is ordained by God and encompasses all believers, regardless of denomination or back ground. We believe the church is for equipping of the saints, worship, and that God has ordained corporate worship. (Hebrews 10:25, Ephesians 4:11-16)
- We believe in the great commission Jesus gave the church: Go into all the world and make disciples of all nations/people. We believe that Christian service is the result of God bringing the gifts of the Spirit alive within His people. God calls and equips us as we grow in grace. The believer who is overflowing with life looks for opportunities to serve without the need of coercion. (Matthew 28:19-20, 1 Corinthians 12:4-12, 1 Corinthians 15:10, Hebrews 13:20-21, Isaiah 6:7-8, Philippians 2:13)
- We believe that God has equipped the church to be grow through drawing into the head (Christ), and is completed by the gifts of the Holy Spirit through each member. The church is complete through every person supplying what the body lacks through the individual gifts that the Spirit has given to each individual. No part is unnecessary, and no part can rightly devalue another. (John 17:20-23, 1 Corinthians 18:13-27, 1 Corinthians 1:11-13, 1 Corinthians 3:-4)